The process of obtaining a membership with ALPG are as outlined below:
- Read and ensure that all eligibility criteria are met
- Complete the application form and submit it to ALPG for approval
- Upon receipt of entry, ALPG will advise outcome and payment procedures
- Successful applicants will be given a login to ALPG's members area to access membership information and direct updates from ALPG
|ALPG Membership (Professionals, residents of Australia or New Zealand)
(As applied to 2016-17 Membership)
Any female golfer who meets the following criteria at the time of application may apply for ‘Probationary Membership’ of Australian Ladies Professional Golf Inc.:
1) Female at birth;
I. Has undergone sex reassignment (male to female) subject to the following conditions:
a. Individuals who have undergone sex reassignment of male to female after puberty shall be regarded as girls and women (female);
b. Individuals who have undergone sex reassignment from male to female after puberty shall be eligible for consideration for membership under the following conditions:
c. Surgical anatomical changes have been completed, including external genitalia changes and gonadectomy;
d. Legal recognition of their assigned sex has been conferred by the appropriate official authorities;
e. Hormonal therapies appropriate for the assigned sex have been administered in a verifiable manner and for sufficient length of time to minimise gender-related advantages in sport competitions;
f. Eligibility may begin no sooner than two years after gonadectomy.
II. A confidential case-by-case evaluation will occur in all cases of sex reassignment and supporting official documentation will be required. In the event that the gender of an applicant is questioned, the medical delegate (or equivalent) as nominated by the ALPG Board shall have the authority to take all appropriate measures for the determination of the gender of the applicant.
2. I. Citizen or permanent resident of Australia or New Zealand;
II. Golf Australia women’s handicap of Scratch (0) or less;
Equivalent handicap verification by a recognised amateur body (e.g. New Zealand Golf, USGA / LGU);
Verified Full playing member status of another recognised ladies professional golf organisation (e.g. LPGA, JLPGA, LET, KLPGA, China LPGA, Taiwan LPGA, Symetra Futures Tour, ThaiLPGA);
III. Nomination by 2 (two) full members of ALPG;
IV. Payment of ALPG joining fee, $550.00 (incl. GST), plus, annual membership subscription of $363.00 (incl. GST).
(Both amounts are payable on notification of membership approval).
3. Applicants between the ages of 16 and 18 who meet all other entry requirements at the time may be granted special permission to apply to for ALPG Probationary membership by satisfactorily demonstrating to the Executive Director and the ALPG Executive Board their capacity to assume professional and financial responsibilities required of all Tour Members. Should they be successful and subject always to any legal requirements imposed from time to time; any under-18 applicant will be required to be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times until their 18th birthday; for the avoidance of doubt such under-18 applicant will not be allowed to play if she is not accompanied at any Tournament site by her parent or authorized guardian.
Probationary Members are those members serving their first year of membership. Upon the anniversary of their first year, Probationary members shall transfer to Full Membership provided they have not acted in any manner which has brought them or the organisation into disrepute. Probationary Members shall have all privileges of full membership with the exception of:-
- No voting rights; and
- Not eligible to be elected to the Board of Directors
PGA of Australia Female Trainee Professionals
1. Any female accepted by the PGA of Australia as a trainee professional, and in possession of a letter of recommendation from the PGA Academy, whose Golf Australia women’s handicap at the time of joining the PGA meets the ALPG criteria 2 (II) above may apply for membership.
2. PGA of Australia female trainee professionals in possession of a letter of recommendation from the PGA Academy may be admitted as probationary Members of ALPG. Those who are so admitted will remain probationary Members of ALPG until such time as they have been granted full membership of the PGA of Australia, or the PGA withdraws its letter of recommendation.
a. PGA of Australia trainees, whose adjusted average against par, at the time of application, is less than or equal to 1.5, will be eligible for full playing privileges and the right to enter ALL ALPG Tour events.
b. PGA of Australia trainees, whose adjusted average against par, at the time of application, is greater than 1.5, will be eligible to compete in one (1) and two (2) day ALPG Pro-Am events and any non-limited field tournament ONLY. Any such Member, who finishes among the top ten (10) players in ALPG Tournament Exemption Category 5, shall be eligible to qualify for all tournaments in the current year.
3. PGA of Australia graduates (full members) may apply for membership of ALPG and if successful will have the same playing privileges as a Full Member of ALPG. Australian and New Zealand citizens or permanent residents who have gained PGA qualifications in another country equivalent to and recognised by the PGA of Australia may apply for membership in this category.
To be eligible for election to full membership the nominee must have qualified by serving one (1) year as a probationary member and fulfilled all requirements of a probationary member. Only full members are eligible to stand for election to the Board of Directors or to vote at the election of officers of the Association.
Full Members must pay the appropriate annual subscription fee or stated portion thereof at the required time.
PGA/ALPG Dual Membership
PGA of Australia graduates (full members) may apply for membership of ALPG and if successful will have the same playing privileges as a Full Member of ALPG. For approved Dual Members, the appropriate annual subscription fee will be waived by ALPG.
ALPG PGA Dual Membership Form 2017/2018
International PGA Qualified Membership
Australian and New Zealand citizens or permanent residents who have gained PGA qualifications in another country equivalent to and recognised by the PGA of Australia may apply for membership in this category. International PGA-Qualified Members must pay the appropriate annual subscription fee or stated portion thereof at the required time.
|ALPG International Membership (Non-Residents of Australia and New Zealand)
Any female golfer who is not a citizen or permanent resident of Australia or New Zealand and is eligible under the terms and conditions as specified from time to time in the Association’s By-Laws, (outlined herewith) shall be welcome to submit an application for International Membership of Australian Ladies Professional Golf. Note: (International members are not eligible to stand for election to the Board or vote on any Association matters).
Terms and Conditions
To be eligible for International Membership of Australian Ladies Professional Golf, the applicant:
- Shall be a member of a *recognised Ladies Professional Golf Organisation; (excluding ALPG Tour)
- Shall agree to be bound by the By-Laws and Member Regulations of Australian Ladies Professional Golf Incorporated, whilst competing in all ALPG Tour events which she has entered, or qualified for, as an International Member of the ALPG Tour;
- Shall, upon successful application, pay a once off joining fee, $500** and the annual membership fee which shall be $440. For any International Member who chooses to renew their ALPG International Membership for the 2017/18 Season, the fee will be $330.
(Previous ALPG International Members will not be required to pay the joining fee)
- Supply ALPG with correct personal and bank details/
For 2017 - any Non-ALPG member whose entry is accepted for an ALPG Tour event, and who elects NOT to join the ALPG under the International Membership Category, will be required to pay a Non-Member / Administrative Fee of $100.00. Such players shall not be eligible for the benefits afforded International Members, and in the case of limited field events, will have low priority entry status.
This applies to ALPG Tour stand-alone events - and does not include co-sanctioned events.
||ALPG International Membership Fact Sheet 2016/2017
||ALPG International Membership Application - Applications close Monday 21st November, 2016
Depending on your country of origin, most players would enter via the ETA (Business Entrant) Short Stay or Long Stay visa (depends on how long you intend to stay in Australia).
ALPG advises that you speak to the Australian Consulate in your residing countries to check on your eligibility and visa requirements if this is your first-time entry into the country.
Should you wish to apply for any of the above categories of membership, please complete the relevant application form and submit it to Jennifer Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.